Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Draw Me Nearer

Verse 1:
I am thine Oh Lord, I have heard your voice
And it told Your love to me
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee

Chorus:
Draw me nearer,
To the cross where thou hast died
Draw me nearer
To your precious bleeding side

Verse 2:
There are great depths of love that I cannot knowâ
Till I cross that narrow sea
There are heights of joy that I cannot reach
Till I rest in peace with thee

Bridge:
You draw me with Your mercy
You draw with Your love
You draw me with forgiveness by Your blood

You draw me with compassion
You draw me as a bride
You draw me closer to your precious side

Verse 3:
Consecrate me now to Your service Lord
By the power of grace divine
Let me soul look up with a steadfast hope
And my will be lost in Thine

Written by: Fanny Crosby (lyrics) and Joshua Moore (lyrics and music)